So, on Saturday we started mowing. I started off on Swedish Fence Field (1.85 hectares) on Saturday (21st), and ran on in there until it got dark around 10:30. Then I tried to switch the lights on, and realised that the lights didnt work… So I trudged back to the farm and got the fuses out and my volt metre and went through the fuses, I replaced one and the lights came on briefly, but then I found out that the alternator (the bit that charges the battery) was dead, and the battery was completely flat, so my dear little tractor (actually a big tractor) was dead in the water. I started again on Sunday morning, and borrowed Botton Farms tractor to jump start mine, but it didn’t work, so in the end we rolled the tractor down the hill to the barn, and put it on charge.
I then borrowed the Falcon farm tractor, but realised that the mower wouldn’t go on, so I waited for a bit till the battery was charged on our tractor, and used that. We got that field mowed, but the mower kept breaking, and the blades kept popping out, which while the thing is running at full speed, the loose blade then smashes into the blade holder, so I kept having to file out a part of the holder because it got bent, then part of Gully Meadow Field (1.17ha), then the mower broke completely. So I went and borrowed Botton Farms mower, which was on our little blue tractor.
Botton Farm’s mower was amazing, so smooth and fast, I managed to cut the entire of Gully Meadow Field in the same amount of time it took me to repair our mower whenever it broke.
Ooh, and I saw a deer: